An ecofriendly Lodge that offers the ultimate in privacy and seclusion, providing an opportunity to relax, unwind, fish and explore one of the last indigenous environments on the shores of Lake Victoria, Tanzania.
Wag Hill Lodge is situated on 17.3 hectares of protected indigenous forest and huge granite rocks and is dedicated to fostering the natural environment of Lake Victoria.
In keeping with the environmental significance of the area, the Lodge has been built almost exclusively from natural materials. Solar has been installed throughout most of the Lodge and has been designed to create a warm, friendly and tranquil environment rejecting the frantic pace of modern life to find inspiration in nature's beauty.
For the fishing enthusiast, Lake Victoria boasts some of the biggest Nile Perch and Tilapia in the world. Fishing for these species is part of the Wag Hill experience.
For the naturalist, Wag Hill is a paradise, with an abundance of bird life, small animals and incredible forests, all which can be viewed on walks around the Lodge or while relaxing by the pool.
Wag Hill Lodge features:
- Cliff Chat - a large communal recreation area with a well equipped kitchen and dining facilities.
- Five uniquely designed double bungalows each with their own private balcony overlooking Lake Victoria.
- Swimming Pool, which has been carefully constructed around natural granite rock structures.
- Next to the pool is the shaded BBQ Entertainment Area, nestled into the natural granite rocks where you can dine al fresco.
- General store near the pool area is fully stocked with fresh juices, soft drinks and wide variety of chocolates and bitings.
- Fire pit at the back jetty where you can sit and have a drink while watching the sunset.
- Fireplace next to the swimming pool and bar.